Mein Neues Leben in Deutschland

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Last Hope

There's this bus route called N7. For me, I call it by a more descriptive name..."Last Hope".

You see, the regular busses don't run after 12 pm. There's a series of busses that run only 12 midnight to 4 a.m. The Nachtlinen. The N7 bus of the Nachtlinen goes from the Hauptbahnhof, past my school, and near my current home. The last trip leaves the Hauptbahnhof at 1:30 a.m.

Thats why I call it the last hope. If I'm out drinking, and I missed the 1:30 a.m. bus, I have to wait till 4 a.m. before I can go home. Its my Last Hope of getting home to a warm and safe place.

But last night, the Last Hope almost stranded me miles away from home. I fell asleep on the bus and missed my stop (see image). I ended up in Neuenkirchen, which is REALLY far away. I almost had a panic attack. There were no taxi's in sight, no other busses, no other passengers. It was just cold, dark and COLD!


Nachtlinenplan - the map of the night bus routs.

A few attemts at German with sign language later, I was able to find out from the driver that the same bus was heading back to its origin after the last stop.

I did get home eventually. The trip took me an hour's drive away from home, and it was another hour's drive back. I got home at 4 a.m.

Note to self: Try NOT to fall asleep on the BUS!

Hehehe.

Bis später!

4 Comments:

  • Ah, the situations we get into when we drink... hahahaha!

    kala

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:20 AM  

  • That's quite an adventure. I wouldn't want to get lost in a foreign country esp. if I don't know the language very well. Glad you made it home safely though.

    -Grace

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 AM  

  • I've gotten lost in Bremen quite a number of times. But its usually so easy to find my way back as long as I find any tram or bus stop. But at night its kinda bad because the trains run less often and I can be stuck in the bus stop for 3 hours. Its rather safe, but I'm nore concerned about the COLD! hehehehe

    By Blogger Ernest, at 1:29 PM  

  • ...dumbass.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home