Mein Neues Leben in Deutschland

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Profile Intermedia

PART 1

During the weekend I attended the 7th Profile Intermedia Coonference. Its an international design conference where designers from many industries gather to share ideas, to teach, to learn, to exhibit their works etc.

It was really inspiring to hear the talks given by the numerous guest speakers including Alan Fletcher, co-founder of Pentagram, one of the world's most renowned design firms, and Barnsley, one of the directors of The Mill, a company that produces high end visual effects for movies, commercials, and music videos. It was really inspiring to see and hear these people who have accomplished so much. It was a testimony on what a person in my field can accomplish.

PART 2




After the friday conference, I had a few drinks with my friends. Christopher, the guy on the top left of the top right photo was taking shots with a low shutter speed and moving the camera around. That's me above with a cigarette taken with a rotating slow shutter camera.

I then taught them how to take pictures of your friends "Filipino Style". That is, all of you clump together on one area and try to take a picture of yourselves holding out the camera facing in. They kinda enjoyed the idea and kept on taking "Filipino Style" pictures. The last picture is simply and indication of what I have accomplished in Bremen tonight ... empty bottles of Spanish beer.

5 Comments:

  • hope you got home all right after all those consumed bottles of beer ! heheh
    kala

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:51 PM  

  • Hmmmm... smoking again.... Next thing I'll hear, you're back gorging on a thick juicy steak hehe...

    Sup Nest?

    Barok
    [ http://www.livejournal.com/users/chinitoboy ]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:49 AM  

  • Hi Kala! No problems that night :) I really can't drink much here coz beer costs at least euro 2,50 (they use a comma to separate the cents), so thats like paying Php 175.00 for a beer. So its rather expensive to get drunk. Hehehe.

    And Bry! Nice of you to drop by. Di halata na pinilit kita mag comment. Very good! Hahahaha! I stopped being a vegetarian the day I landed here. I feel that I'd miss out on a lot about Germany if I didn't have the Bratwurst, the Leiberkäse (like liver pate), or the Turkish Donner (like shawarma) to name a few current favorites. Hehe.

    By Blogger Ernest, at 3:21 PM  

  • Nest, kindly please DO NOT murder the name of my site. It's 'chinitobutnotchinese'. Or 'barokdotcom'. Let's try to be a bit civil shall we? 'Bryandotcom' sounds a tad bit.... ewww... Hehe..

    Annoying am I?

    Annoying?

    Am I?

    Me?

    -- Barok
    [ chinitobutnotchinese ]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 AM  

  • Hahaha! That's right! Blame it on my dysx....dslexi...dislex....dyslexia! (Why is it spelled like that anyway, talk about irony)

    I fixed it na. Its now kamchatkadotcom (I will NEVERRRR forget Kamchatka! Grrr!) hehehe.

    By Blogger Ernest, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home