Mein Neues Leben in Deutschland

Friday, April 22, 2005

Where I am Not...

My college friend visited my blog recently. We went to college together. My second college that is in Naga City. Back then I still thought I was going to be an Electronics Communication Engineer. Technically I am already an Electronics Communications Engineer. But I have not touched a since capacitor since I got my PRC Licence. Well, maybe I did touch one when I was messing around with my PC. Not messing around like you mess around with a person, mind you.

And that my friends is train-of-thought writing. Hahaha.

Back to topic.

Most of my college friends (form Manila and Naga)have gone off to work in the industry as engineers, programmers, scientists (the most famous one being the little lady who studies moisture content on Mars), etc. I would have probably followed them all if I finished on time.

But then, life didn't work out as I had planned. I had to leave Manila. I had to move to Naga City to finish my studies. While everyone else was graduating and moving on to the working world, I was back in school.

Looking back, I think being deported to Naga was one of the best things that happened to my life. That was the time I learned to cook, to live alone, to be independent, to accept myslef, and to love. I had my first serious relationship during that time. I also had my first heartbreak. A lot of things happened.

Life happened.

Life sometimes takes us to places we never even dreamed of, and if we have faith and the courage to step out there and embrace what it offers, we might just find ourselves exploring new horizons we never thought possible.

4 Comments:

  • at first i was so angry at my parents for bringing me back to naga for college, when most of my friends are going to UP. but, when i locked myself in my room, as a protest, i actually realized that i can't do anything about it, i mught as well, live my college life to the fullest, which i almost did, but not quite. hehe.. sure thing, college life was also one period of time i will always remember.. but nothing beats high school!

    By Blogger a n i n g, at 3:45 AM  

  • you were lucky to have been given the chance to be independent at such a young age. i think it paid off --- you're in germany and living the life!

    -kala

    be happy, summer is here!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Hi, i just started to read your blog ... i found it by googling something like "leben in Deutschland" ... i have many germans friends, im from Mexico, nos im leaving in Monterrey where i´ve met many foreigh people, most of them germans ... before that i´ve always wanted to go Europe to study or live, so i decide last january to start learning german language ... and here i am, doing something for make my dream into reality ... but the point is that i really liked your post in this date ...
    ... a lot of things happened ... life happened !!

    Life sometimes takes us to places we never even dreamed of, and if we have faith and the courage to step out there and embrace what it offers, we might just find ourselves exploring new horizons we never thought possible.

    wonderful ... hope you still write, im now reading all your blog for knowing more about "leben in Deutschland" ... hope you want to keep in touch!

    greets from Mexico ... without virus by the way !!

    By Blogger Gerard, at 10:22 PM  

  • Gerardo, I haven't written on this blog for years! It's nice to visit it again though. I don't blog anymore, unfortunately. It just got pushed to the side. I kept writing though, but I just stopped publishing. :D

    By Blogger Ernest, at 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home