Mein Neues Leben in Deutschland

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Books

I've been reading quite a lot of books the last 2 weeks. After Hochschultage where I presented my projects, I decided to take a short break and finally be able to read some books. I bought Sophie's World and The Da Vinci Code in a bookstore and borrowed Angels and Demons from a flat-mate. (BTW, I now live in a student dorm-like place with 5 other people).

I make it a point not to follow the literary bandwagon, so I stay away from reading that which everbody is reading. Remember when The Da Vinci Code came out end everybody was holding a copy!? And don't even get me started on the Quidditch playing, spellcasting kid. But sometimes the bandwagon does produce certain gems, so after the fanfare has died down, I do hunt some of these books down.(Sophie's World was a diamond. It was amusingly placed in the childrens section at the bookstore)

I'm not really a fast reader. I remember it years ago took me a month to finish Stephen King's The Stand. So I really have to chose which books I pick up.

Needless to say I really enjoyed these three books. That's it. End of post. Just sharing. No dramatic philosophical insight. Kwento lang.

4 Comments:

  • so nice of you to drop by my blog. :)

    funny, that's how i first came across wicked, too. heard "defying gravity" on ym via launchcast. lol. after i saw the tony awards, i was obsessed. i can e-mail you the clip, if you're interested. :)

    if you like odd and amusing light reading, try clive barker's abarat. it's got great art, too!

    By Blogger lifecafe, at 3:08 PM  

  • The last fiction book I read was the curious incident of the dog in the nighttime. pretty good book. You'll finish it in a day.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:01 AM  

  • Sophie's world in the children's section??? Hmm. But it does make sense though... If more and more children read sophie's world, maybe we'd get rid of all the ignoramuses that steal our cellphones or pick our pockets...


    then again, maybe not ;-)

    how is the weather in germany? how are the studies coming along? i hope everything is going well for you. tell me if you're visiting the south of france, there's a futon in our living room with your name on it!
    kala

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:35 PM  

  • Hmmm. Abarat...The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime...

    I checked them out. They look really interesting. I'll make sure to pick them up. Thanks for the tips.

    Also about Sophie's world, It opened and re-opened my mind. I think it really does change a person.

    Thanks for the invitation to visit btw, Kala! Thats really something for me to consider.

    By Blogger Ernest, at 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home